At the heart of the Coastal Five are the incredible natural resources of Taranaki.
Taranaki is renowned for its natural beauty – from long stretches of black sand beaches and rugged coastline to Taranaki Maunga and the surrounding bush-clad national park.
It's these landscapes that make the Coastal Five such a breathtaking experience.
When the environment forms the very foundation of your event you can see why we need to ensure that our only impact is a positive one. Our environmental and zero waste initiatives include:
- No dates engraved on medals - this means that we store leftover medals for the following year. Medals are awarded to individuals who complete all five events for the number of years they have achieved this feat.
- Event t-shirts pre-ordered with the year of event printed. Additional t-shirt stock for sale at the event will not have the date included.
- Working with Tsunami Sports for the supply of Eco Driven apparel.
- Every race will be cup-less with collapsible cups for sale at registration.
- No pins! Bring your own or check out the Coastal Five magnetic pins at registration.
- Recycling station at the end of each race for the return of race bibs including timing chips.
- Virtual race packs with offers from our sponsors and local Taranaki businesses.
- Bus transport encouraged to the Lake Mangamahoe and Pukeiti events.
- All carbon emissions offset from race day travel by funding the planting of native trees through the 'Trees That Count' movement.
How you can help:
- Are you a medal keeper? If you're not going to keep your medal then please do not take one.
- Car pool, take public transport or our event bus to each race.
- Hand in your race bib at the end of your event for recycling.